COVID-19 UPDATE & GUIDANCE
Following the most recent update from government ministers we are communicating our latest advice and guidance.
- If your building remains occupied there is still a need to ensure the water services within it operate safely to prevent any risk to people these systems.
- Some water systems may now be operating at a reduced level and further control measures may need to be implemented. The measures could include:
- isolating and draining down water systems
- reducing water storage capacity
- frequent flushing of outlets to keep water moving;
- shut-down-start-up procedures
- If systems are left isolated for long periods of time additional control measures will need to be considered before re-introducing these systems into service. These measure may include;
- Chemical disinfection
- Our advice is to keep water systems operating if possible. Here is some basic advice for operation of water systems when using temperature as a means to control legionella bacteria.
- Keep water systems clean and keep the water moving;
- Avoid stagnation
- Hot water should be stored at 60°C
- Cold water should be kept below 20°C
- Water systems or outlets that are not in regular use should be regularly flushed (taking care that the person carrying out this work does not inhale contaminated aerosols)
- De-scale, clean and sanitise shower heads and hoses on a regular basis
Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us on
T 01274 876700
For additional information please click this link https://www.legionellacontrol.org.uk/news/90/